The /install/ would best IMO, have effected that Product Library (PRDLIB) specification with the CRTCMD request; i.e. the onus should not be on the user as installer to effect that by CHGCMD. Something to consider as feedback to the provider.? And...

Even better, having made the product library, into which all of the objects of the utility get created, configurable; e.g. as a /parameter/ to the STRREXPRC. There should be *no* reason that, to get the utility to function properly, anyone would have to effect ADDLIBLE [or EDTLIBL; effectively no difference, the latter just provides a /prettier/ UI]. The installation also might best provide as an option, into which library [the original *CMD object or] a Proxy Command is created. The [proxy] command is best created into their QGPL or some other library from which commonly used utilities are accessed; i.e. a library name that is in either QSYSLIBL or QUSRLIBL. And if the command name is one that uses existing or probable future command-mnemonics [and FWiW the single letter M seems unlikely to be used as a noun mnemonic], then the [proxy] command might best be placed in a library that is above QSYS, or not placed in any such library thus requiring explicit library-qualification to invoke. Note: warning of a situation some had noted as having been experienced with the RUNSQL command.

If the SNDM [or its proxy] is not created by the install into a library already in the user's library list, then even if the /install/ had effected the CRTCMD CMD(SMTP/SNDM) PGM(*LIBL/SNDM) PRDLIB(SMTP) as a more appropriate implementation, the user of the command still would either have to library-qualify their invocations [i.e. issue the command as SMTP/SNDM vs just SNDM at the command-line; the latter is implicitly *LIBL/SNDM], or have to add the library name SMTP to the library list. Having to Add the library to the library list to enable the unqualified command invocation is just as daft as the command searching for the program *LIBL/SNDM without the command object implicitly establishing the known library of the program as the Product Library. Better IMO to create a proxy command (CRTPRXCMD) into a generally available library, after the original command is created into the utility [aka product] library as part of the install; the WRKCMD *ALL/SNDM helps identify the /product/ library and the location of a proxy command with the same name.

So by itself, the CHGCMD invocation below, although desirable, could be incomplete for the most desirable effect.

Regards, Chuck