STRHOSTSVR afterwards.

If you don't end it then it's perfectly possible for something to start and
grab a lock after your process has started.

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 5:05 AM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Now that I've identified the source of the QZRCSRVS job, is there a way to
have the QZRCSRVS job end. The program that ran in this job ended weeks
ago, no open files, however, the QZRCSRVS job still has a lock on all the
libraries in the lib list. I really don't want to ENDHOSTSVR simply get rid
of the lib list locks for an environment refresh.
This is on an R&D LPAR.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:43 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: iSeries Service jobs creating locks, (QZDASSINIT, QZRCSRVS,
etc)

Rob,

Not working at V6R1, only 2 months back on PTFs.
Based on what I read below, I have the required PTF installed

When you visit the DB2 Technology Update Wiki, you'll find the details on
these two catalog views in the DB2 for i Management Enhancements category.
Support for the GROUP_PTF_INFO and TCPIP_INFO was delivered initially with
level 19 of the IBM i 6.1 database group PTF and level 6 of the IBM i 7.1
database group PTF. The TCPIP_INFO view was enhanced with level 21 of the
IBM i 6.1 database group PTF and level 10 of the IBM i 7.1 database group
PTF.