Yes, the config indicated 2 x 5887's.

On a related note, it also included both 5273 and 5735 fiber adaptors, I don't see a difference?

Dana

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:40 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Performance recommendations for pair of 5913s

72 Drives is no issue and 1/3 of them can be SSD. You WILL want to use
5887 Drawers with this card as they are the only 6Gb SAS drawers available. The 5802 is 3G and also you can't get to 72 drives with that drawer either as you end up with only 9 drives per port of the 5913 rather than 24 with the 5887.

Discussing with with some IBMers at COMMON (I think) they indicated that in testing they went way past 24 SSDs to see when the card would 'run out of gas' and even with two drawers full they didn't slow down.
Remember IBM usually tests a fair bit past the announced 'supported maximums' to be sure there are no issues.

I would have no issue running 24 SSDs and an additional 48 'Spinny'
disks on a pair of 5913s.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com