I don't doubt this. My experience though has been the opposite.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Was just at RPG-DB2 Summit - we are encouraged to put as much into a
single SELECT statement as we can, by the IBMer, Tom McKinley, who did a
presentation on set-based thinking with SQL.

Tom specifically said to avoid multiple steps of putting data into
separate tables in QTEMP. instead, look for ways to combine as JOINs or
maybe as IN predicates against a subquery.

If the OPs stored procedure could do what the RPG program does - and it
probably can - then everything could be put into the SP. SPs have lots
of programming capability, and some of it is easier than doing RPG!

Vern