From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 8:38 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: AW: replicate PROD iseries box to distant TEST box cross-country

No, it cannot. The entire save file must be verified before the restore operation will work.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 10/14/2013 7:03 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sounds good. Does the remote system start the restore before the
entire object is received?

Rob Berendt
-- IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept
1600 Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive Garrett, IN 46738 Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755 http://www.dekko.com From: "Holger
Scherer" <hs@xxxxxxx> To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Date: 10/14/2013 07:34 AM Subject: AW:
replicate PROD iseries box to distant TEST box cross-country Sent by:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx SAVRSTOBJ does even a library save
step by step, so it transfers while it is saving which reduces the
amount of needed temporary storage. But there is a performance
degradation compared to SAVLIB + FTP, and I saw several issues within
the last years so we use this only in several cases. -h