Thanks, good to know.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Neil Palmer <neilpalmer400mr@xxxxxxxx>wrote:

You can use a CL program and call an API to activate Proxy ARP:

APAR SE19172 includes an API that allows a user to enable proxy ARP from
command line versus using iSeries Navigator GUI.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1015049

Neil Palmer, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

(This account not monitored for personal mail,
remove the last two letters before @ for that)

________________________________
From: Evan Harris <auctionitis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:57:14 PM
Subject: Re: Setting IP redunduncay in AS/400

In addition to what the Dr has said, when using Proxy ARP for IP Redundancy
I found it useful to specofy the Associated local interface (LCLIFC)
parameter on the IP Interface definition (ADDIPIFC). This helped a good
deal with the firewall issues.

The Proxy ARP box visible in Ops Navigator must be ticked - you have to do
this from Ops Nav (or at least used to) there is/was not green screen
interface equivalent.