It seems you are mixing concepts.
ASP's are not partitions, you dont usually need multiple ASP, that's what
Single Level Storage is for.
Also, the part number is not conductive to knowing what card you are
talking about. Almost everything in As400/iSeries/POWER hardware is
referenced by its CCIN, for example some cards that might go in a 170 are
the 2740, 2748, 2763, same with the disks, 9Gb drives sound like 6713 or
6717 disks
Parity protection can be either RAID5 or RAID6 (hotspares and RAID6
avaiable on newer hardware with latest LIC versions)
Mirror is just that, mirror.
If the card supports it you can create start parity protection on the 8
drives and, if you really need multiple asps, you could create up to 7 asp
(1 disk per ASP minimum IIRC)
Best Regards,