John -

As far as a "list of utilities", there are tons of utility programs [many free, some commercial] which has been created by many different AS/400 - iSeries - System i - IBM i programmers and vendors. MOST of them were not created by IBM.

TAATOOL is a commercial product which evolved from the QUSRTOOL library once supplied free by IBM.

Many utility-type programs are supplied along with source code so you can customize them for your own use. Unfortunately, FNDBIGSPLF is a C program and source code was not included, nor can you STRDBG and view the code.

Here are a couple of sites with free utilities:

http://www.think400.dk/downloads.htm
http://www.jcrcmds.com/

By the way, I downloaded and installed FNDBIGSPLF on my IBM i 7.1 system, and it appears to work just fine.

According to the documentation on the web page:

Detach or download the fndbigsplf.savf file. This is an i5/OS save file containing the version of the FNDBIGSPLF utility for V5R2M0 (R520) OS/400, V5R3M0 (R530) i5/OS, V5R4M0 (R540) i5/OS, 6.1 (V6R1M0 or R610) i5/OS, or 7.1 (V7R1M0 or R710) i5/OS.

- sjl