On 9/13/13 2:34 PM, Mark S Waterbury wrote:
. . .also, the object names at the MI layer are 30 characters
long -- OS/400 traditionally only makes available 10 character object
names to the users of OS/400 ... but below OS/400, at the MI layer, the
names are in fact 30 characters. So, an OS/400 library name (called a
"context" in MI) could be up to 30 characters, and the object names
inserted into the context can each be up to 30 characters.
. . .

I've been coding in MI for almost two decades, and I've never noticed that. Then again, I've never needed it, either.

--
JHHL