You need both VC redistributables. x86 and x86-64 it wont install otherwise.
Best Regards,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Vernon Hamberg

Our sys admin just applied PTF SI49800 to our system, and I'm trying to
update Access on my laptop - 64-bit Win 7 Enterprise SP1.

I get this dialog box -

IBM i Access for windows 7.1 Installer Information

An update is required to continue with this install. Refer to the
following link for details and instructions:

I sort of figured this had to do with the VC++ Redistributable, and it
was - thought I'd already put on the latest, but apparently not.

I just wish that link were clickable - it's not - very unhandy!

Just ranting on a Friday!