Don,

With all your noise about these user groups and events, what is your
recent personal experience with any of them?

Have you been to COMMON's Annual conference recently? Have you been to
COMMON's Fall conference recently? Have you attended any COMMON webinars?
Have you attended Summit, NEUGC, WMCPA, OMNI, OCEAN, IBM's Technical
conference? Any others?

From your own recent experience, what can you say about each of these?
What do they offer in 2013 that would entice a developer to attend? How
does that compare to ten years ago? Twenty?

Or, are you just blowing negative smoke again? From my recollection of
having attended and spoken at many of these - recently, I have not seen
you there - not for years. Because it sounds like you are just complaining
and wishing for old times. And, throwing out names to show how many you
know.

Have you got something of value to add?
Trevor