On 09 Sep 2013 13:22, Tom wrote:

1. Yes, many spool files are produced and enqueued to the qezjoblog
outq. Sometimes many, many thousands of spoolfiles. I don't need any
of them.

Seems probable that changing from *PRTWRAP to *WRAP for the "Job message queue full action" (JOBMSGQFL) [system value QJOBMSGQFL] job attribute could be helpful. And probable that changing the "Job message queue maximum size" (JOBMSGQMX) {may only be available in the *JOBD vs the job} [system value QJOBMSGQMX] could be helpful alone or in conjunction with the prior change.

2. Yes, I would like to suppress entirely the action/process that is
causing the spoolfile entries for exactly the reason you mention -
since I've tested the SQL queries in interactive SQL, I have no
interest in debugging the SQL queries, just the non-query stuff.

Submit a Design Change Request (DCR). Others have alluded to the having the same desire in the past, here, but if they made their desire known to IBM is unknown to me, as nobody followed up saying they had. And there is no publication of submitted DCRs that I am aware of.

p.s. - though not mentioned, before asking I did a Google search
(using qualifier "site:midrange.com") for terms related to my request
but I reckon I didn't hit on the right combination.

Probably best to avoid searching QEZJOBLOG which is not germane; concentrating instead on only tokens like SQL STRDBG DEBUG MESSAGES, but then trying to whittle that down to those that include something like PREVENT or SUPPRESS or FILLING or WRAPPING with regard to an action verb, expressing either the desired effect or the undesirable effect. Regardless, the two recent and two older messages:

http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201309/threads.html#00071
"suppress sql joblog messages while in debug mode" ~04-Sep-2013

http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201306/threads.html#00358
"SQL Filling Job Log" ~07-Jun-2013

http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201007/threads.html#00888
"Preventing SQL debug messages" ~30-Jul-2010

http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201005/threads.html#00399
"Reason(s) for SQL generating debugging messages" ~13-May-2009