Thanks for the info, I will checkout YouTube and the links

________________________________
From: "Patrick.Bingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Patrick.Bingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 5:26 PM
Subject: RE: Questions about IBM PureFlex Systems

The answer to your second question is that IBM i running on a Flex node (aka, ITE) is a partition just in the same way that it would be on any other system.  The operating system isn't changed at all.  The only difference's will be that all of the disk, tape and network connectivity is virtualized through another partition that runs an operating system called VIOS.

For your first question, some good places to start with learning about the IBM PureFlex System might be YouTube.  If you are on the technical side, then you might want to read the attachment on the wiki link below from Mike Schambureck.

Also, you might contact your business partner.  We provide briefings on solutions like this using demo equipment in our Technology Enablement Centers.  The briefings can be in person or via WebEx. They might do the same.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM+i+Technology+Updates/page/IBM+i+on+a+Flex+Compute+Node

Patrick Bingham | Principal Power Systems Engineer
Office: 402.965.2381 | Mobile: 402.212.2944 | Patrick.Bingham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sirius Computer Solutions | www.siriuscom.com
14301 FNB Parkway, Suite 400, Omaha, NE 68154