Thanks Chuck!

1. Yes, many spool files are produced and enqueued to the qezjoblog outq. Sometimes many, many thousands of spoolfiles. I don't need any of them.

2. Yes, I would like to suppress entirely the action/process that is causing the spoolfile entries for exactly the reason you mention - since I've tested the SQL queries in interactive SQL, I have no interest in debugging the SQL queries, just the non-query stuff.

TomH

p.s. - though not mentioned, before asking I did a Google search (using qualifier "site:midrange.com") for terms related to my request but I reckon I didn't hit on the right combination.