From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:07 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Data Transfer

Don,

I just ran a SAVRSTLIB on a 242 gb library, 1 hour 12 minutes.
We usually use tape for anything large, much quicker.
I have a process that updates small control files from Production to R&D and DEV, runs twice a day, 7 AM and 12 noon, SAVRSTOBJ with SAVW, 81 files in 2 minutes.
The problem is that if there are any locks on the destination files, they are skipped.

We refresh the entire R&D and DEV environments as needed, via tape.
Delete the 18 libraries (1 hour), then restore from previous night's production save, (2 1/2 hours) 1 tb.
One issue is x-lib LF. The R&D and DEV libraries are different names, so for the x-lib LF to restore properly, we have to restore using the same name, then rename the libraries afterwards.

Everything is automated using AJS & BRMS.

Thanks
Paul