We use SAVRSTLIB, works great.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Wereschuk
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:59 AM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Data Transfer

Hi All: I'm having a problem transferring current data from a production box to our development box. I've tried using FTP but I'm having issues with this. First I did a SAVF on the library but it seems there is a limit on the amount of data that can be transferred at a time. I believe I can change the limit but that's not my main concern. I split the save into multiple save files and only saved PFs and LFs but I still end up with approx. 100 GB of data to transfer. My problem is that in using FTP it is taking about 3 hrs. to FTP 16 GB of data. This would result in a time of almost 20 hrs. to transfer the 100 GB. Is there a faster way to do this or is using a tape backup and physically delivering it to the other machine the fastest way? I only have a window of approx. 4-5 hrs. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

TIA

Don Wereschuk
ISD - Programmer/Analyst
Simcoe Parts Service Inc.