On 04 Sep 2013 07:48, Stone, Joel wrote:
We run an iSeries TEST box and a PROD box.

In PROD, LFs and members are added and removed from physical files
ad hoc.

From the TEST box, I would like to find out which PROD LFs and
members exist for a given physical file.

Apparently DSPDBR doesn't cross over to another iSeries.

Any ideas how to accomplish this? Hopefully simple?

API's? DDM? APPC?

So there is a DDM File for the PF, but there is no support for DSPDBR against that DDMFile to generate the output for the Physical File at the target system [per the following doc link]? Because the DSPDBR supports an output file, a DDMF could reference the OUTFILE().

IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Database -> Programming -> Distributed database programming -> Application development -> Application development for DDM -> Using CL and DDS with DDM -> DDM-related CL command lists
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/ddp/rbae5noncmds.htm
_i Commands not supporting DDM i_
"These CL commands are not supported for DDM files. However, useful results for some of them might be produced on a target i5/OS® or a System/38 using DDM if they are submitted on the Submit Remote Command (SBMRMTCMD) command to run on the server system.
Command name Descriptive name
... ...
DSPDBR Display Database Relations
... "

If the "simple" refers mostly to consistency with regard to the spooled output as would be seen locally, the SBMRMTCMD to effect the specific DSPDBR request which directs the spooled file to a Remote Output Queue which implicitly sends the spooled data to the TEST system could await that data and invoke the DSPSPLF; in effect, replace the DSPDBR with a CLP [probably behind a command] that performs that work first at the target and then on the local system.