wow, amazingly enough I could use telnet to another system, then STRPCO
and then STRPCCMD and it worked. I didn't think it would work on a target
system, (like how would it know what PC to execute the command on?), but
it does. The first trick I had was to use a regular IBM i Access for
Windows session - the Java client just kinda acts like it's working but
nothing ever happens.
If I started from a 3179m2 24x80 then it worked. (IBM i 7.1)
But, if I ran this command
TELNET RMTSYS(GDISYS2) RMTVRTDSP(QPADEV0006)
and QPADEV0006 happened to be a 3197 then I got the
IWS4032 - STRPCO can only be run from a programmable workstation.
You could try deleting all of your existing 3197 devices. Do another
passthru. If the device creates as something other than a 3197 (like a
3179) then you could be ok. If it still creates a 3197 then go back to
the original suggestion and change the client on the PC to 27x132 versus