Yes Rob, that's what we do same usrprf for all...and it's not worth the fight to change.

-----Original Message-----
From: rob <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 11:20 am
Subject: Re: IWS4032 STRPCO can only be run from a programmable workstation.

First of all, before you start modifying the programs see if it works from
STRPASTHR session.
Secondly why this: "we don't allow the pasthru users direct access to our
roduction iSeries"? What do they do, run a program with STRPASTHR
mbedded in it with a user id and password and they all use the same
serid? Some funky way to secure them from file downloads or to get
round the vendor's user count audit?

ob Berendt
-
BM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1
roup Dekko
ept 1600
ail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738