I still do not have it working but I have made ground. I finally found the correct log to tell me more that HTTP 500. Turns out I was trying to load the 64 bit IIS WAS plugin. I switched to the 32 bit as we are still running IIS in 32 bit mode for some very old software that will not run in 64 bit. Now I am getting a permission error and reading the Microsoft IIS forums trying to find the correct setting. So far adding IUSR or Everyone did not work. I will update the list on what I find.
Oh and the place to look for the real errors in the application event viewer. Not the WAS logs or the IIS logs. Who would have thought.
Director of Information Services
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jack Kingsley
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:51 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: WebSphere 8.0
chris, maybe this might help.