" a bit more in depth than I though it would be"

All the questions on the Associate exam were referenced right back to the educational materials provided by IBM to the colleges/universities. This year the content of those classes were updated and reviewed by educators and a couple of SMEs from the administrator exams ( I was part of that course content review ).

IBM does provide much of the educational curriculum needed by the schools to teach IBM i, and there are many schools teaching it.

The level of depth that the Associate level goes into is a direct result of the quality of the educational materials provided by IBM and the educators that teach it. There are at least 5 schools in the Upper Midwest ( USA ) that use this material and are turning out very high quality students.

As a matter of note, all the questions on all of the IBM exams now are referenced back to documentation of some type that provides the answers. We spend almost as much time doing the cross referencing as actually writing and reviewing the questions for accuracy.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects