You've stumbled into the reason I always use the FTP delivery method. True if an error happens you have to restart it manually, but you'll always know what files are needed, how big they are, and if you have them or not.

Except for small PTFs the director download is a disaster waiting to happen ( and usually does ).

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects