Thanks Dan, that does make more sense, I'll send that to the fellow doing the SQL server side.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 8/21/2013 11:35 AM, Dan Kimmel wrote:
Can you put your where clause within the select statement so you don't pull back the entire table?

Something like

update j set j.qzfy = 14
from openquery(S10xxxxx, 'select * from patftp.f594063 where qz$wsa=2604378')