Third party vendors dropping support for V5R4.

Infor announces end of support for Infor LX on V5R4 is also September 30,
2013
https://www.inforxtreme.com/espublic/EN/AnswerLinkDotNet/Attachments/Downloadexe.aspx?CaseID=6890619&FileName=Infor%20LX%20End%20of%20Support%20IBM%20OS%20V5R4.docx

If the link doesn't work for you the text looks like this:

If link doesn't work, it looks like this:

<snip>

IBM i: OS Version Alert!

Statement of End of Support: IBM i OS V5R4

Dear Valued Customer,

As I’m sure you are aware, every release of IBM i, i5/OS and OS/400 to
date has had a finite support period. The end of support date for each
release of the OS has traditionally been announced by IBM either with the
initial release announcement or at least 12 months prior to it becoming
effective.

Infor understands that keeping your mission critical business systems on
supported versions of the IBM i OS helps to ensure that your organization
will receive the support it needs should something unforeseen happen, thus
helping to minimize the risk to your organization. Knowing this, we would
like to remind you that IBM support for i5/OS V5R4 will come to an end on
September 30th, 2013.

As a result, please note that beginning on October 1, 2013 the minimum IBM
i OS level that will be necessary in order to apply new BMRs, MR’s, or
patches (fix corrections) will be OS i6.1/V6R1 or higher. This applies to
all supported Infor LX releases and associated products as shown in the
below table. As of October 1, 2013, Infor will no longer be providing new
code corrections compatible with IBM i5/OS levels of V5R4 or lower. Each
product listed includes all Translations, Localizations, Integrations,
Conversions, Migrations, and Add-on components.

Infor has worked hard to help ensure that the major versions of each of
our System i solutions are ready for IBM i6.1 and i7.1, the newest
releases of the IBM i OS. For more information on Infor solution readiness
for IBM i6.1 and i7.1, contact your Infor Account Executive.

We look forward to working with your organization to help with the
transition of your IBM i OS upgrade.

Product Minimum OS Version
Infor LX – all versions IBM i 6.1
Infor BPCS – all versions IBM i 6.1
Infor EAM (SSA EAM, Plant Maintenance) – all versions IBM i 6.1
Infor PRMS – all versions IBM i 6.1
Infor SCM Warehouse Management BOSS – all versions IBM i 6.1
Infor SCM Warehouse Management Adapters (WMA) – all versions IBM i 6.1
Infor KBM – all versions IBM i 6.1

Regards,
Infor LX Support

</snip>