There was a single space between the two parameters. The log shows no
apce at all, thuse instead of scp a b, log shows scp ab. In trying
scp a \ b. the result was still scp ab.

The four spaces was at the insistence from the guy on the other end.
Between that and his focusing on the SERV variable, which he is
positive is the problem, I am at a wall. The SERV variable isn't the
issue. Log clearly shows connect. But, the blank between the the two
scp parameters gets dropped. He wanted even more blanks.

The whole point is to copy a file from that system to the i on my
site. Which worked nicely on the old server.

John McKee

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Scott Klement