Re: committment control in RPG or COBOL pgm: can I limit file input records using OPNQRYF?

fixed

On 8/13/2013 4:08 PM, Stone, Joel wrote:
PGMA reads a file sequentially and prints a report.

I would like to add an OPNQRYF cmd in front of the PGMA call as follows:

Ovrdbf inputFile share(*YES)

OPNQRYF inputFile QRYSLT(SpecialCode = "A")
CALL PGMA

The resulting report should have only records which satisfy the QRYSLT.

Unfortunately PGMA is using commitment control and I receive the following error:

Commitment control not valid for open of member PCCOMM.
OPEN failed because file cannot be placed under commitment control CPF4293, CPF4326, CPF4327, CPF4328, CPF4329.

It appears that it is complaining that the inputFile is NOT journalled (even though the underlying PF is journalled).

What is the COMMIT() parameter on the OPNQRYF?

The issue is that OPNQRYF actually opens the file. If it opens with
COMMIT(*NO), then that shared open file handle will carry the
COMMIT(*NO) forward to the RPG program.
--buck