From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:35 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: committment control in RPG or COBOL pgm: can I limit file input records using OPNQRYF?

On this one I'd look at embedded SQL and get away from OPNQRYF - yes, I know that Chuck recommends OPNQRYF a lot - but it's really old technology, uses the classic query engine, all those things.

Now I can't guarantee that embedded SQL will work, but I see a better change that commitment control will be respected, than there is with an ODP constructed with OPNQRYF, which will not have any journaling against the virtual file that it is.

HTH
Vern