PGMA reads a file sequentially and prints a report.

I would like to add an OPNQRYF cmd in front of the PGMA call as follows:

Ovrdbf inputFile share(*YES)

OPNQRYF inputFile QRYSLT(SpecialCode = "A")
CALL PGMA

The resulting report should have only records which satisfy the QRYSLT.

Unfortunately PGMA is using commitment control and I receive the following error:

Commitment control not valid for open of member PCCOMM.
OPEN failed because file cannot be placed under commitment control CPF4293, CPF4326, CPF4327, CPF4328, CPF4329.

It appears that it is complaining that the inputFile is NOT journalled (even though the underlying PF is journalled).

Is there a workaround?

Should I use CPYFRMQRYF and then journal the output file? Then delete it?

Thanks!

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.