Once you have your cards working, you will need to go into SST/DST to
configure your lan console setups.

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Rene K. <kraats@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Roberto, Larry,

thanks for your replies!

except for the location (my 2849's are at C05 and C04) my setup is the
same (okay, and I'm at V5R4).
If the 2849 is indeed similar to the 4838 (I recall seeing that both cards
request the same resources from the IOP) than I also think it *should* work.
Thanks for your input!

Rene.

________________________________
From: Roberto José Etcheverry Romero <yggdrasil.raiker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: 2x #2849, embedded IOP, 9406 model 800...possible or not?

A little handy, internal ibm-use only app that i got my hands on says that:
2793 c07
2849 c06
2849 c05
disk ctl c01

is a valid config for v5r2 9406-800 and in fact, THAT was the config i had
on one of my 800's when i was just starting to play with LAN Console.
So, just do that wrkhdwrsc and find the CMN0X, create the line description,
the ip address and voila, network is running...

Best Regards,