Tim,

Below are plugin notes, hope this helps.
Ensure you have working mapped drive to your IFS, then use that same user when it prompts you to install the plugins.
When you receive the "Signon to i5/OS Netserver" don't use any of the defaults.
System default to \\Netserver, change to your IP, avoid DNS for this install
User - iSeries user, same as mapped drive above
Password - key in your password, don't use Windows default

AJS Plugin issue - PMR 80403,180,000

The version and release shown there is the version and release of the iseries you installed from.
It is my suspicion that this machine has 540 on it because at some point you had a 540 client and it didn't get updated.

Try and remove the plug in

Try and run from a pc command prompt cwbinplg /REMOVE=IBM.AdvJobScheduler and press enter.

This should remove the plug in,

You should also delete the file in C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Plugins for IBM.AdvJobSchedule.

In the registry Delete the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\AS400 Operations Navigator\IBM.AS400.Network\SYSTEMS\GARAGE\IBM.AdvJobScheduler

and the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\Selectively_Installable_Components\AS400 Operations Navigator\Plugins\IBM.AdvJobScheduler

This should clean up the plug in. Now if you client pc is 610 you can connect to a 610 iSeries or 710 iSeries to download the plugin. Try and use the install plugins option. We can work on the network issue if you run into that.

As per our conversation I have set up my test pc to have 540 access installed. I removed client access prior and made sure all the registry entries and any files were deleted. Prior to installing the 540 client there were no plugins on this pc at all.

I installed 540 with the latest service pack. Before opening iNav I checked for plugin file in C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access and also the registries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\AS400 Operations Navigator\IBM.AS400.Network\SYSTEMS\GARAGE\IBM.AdvJobScheduler and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\Selectively_Installable_Components\AS400 Operations Navigator\Plugins\IBM.AdvJobScheduler

And none of them existed yet. When I opened iNav and added my system I made sure to add a 540 system so I could get the 540 plugins. I installed the plugins as prompted to do so and they installed fine. I checked for plugin file in C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access and also the registries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\AS400 Operations Navigator\IBM.AS400.Network\SYSTEMS\RCHASK50\IBM.AdvJobScheduler and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\Selectively_Installable_Components\AS400 Operations Navigator\Plugins\IBM.AdvJobScheduler and they all existed. The interesting thing was in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\Selectively_Installable_Components\AS400 Operations Navigator\Plugins\IBM.AdvJobScheduler there is an item for install path so shows what system the plugin came from. So, Paul you might want to check yours to see what the installpath is listed as. It might shed some light as to where it came from.

In a normal/clean upgrade from 540 to 710 you get a warning message that states:
1) A previous version exists and it will be removed. Any user-defined customizations will be saved.
2) All iNav plugins will need to be removed. If they are available from source they will be loaded at the end.

After my install completed I checked for plugin file in C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access WAS EMPTY and also the registries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\AS400 Operations Navigator\IBM.AS400.Network\SYSTEMS\RCHASK50\IBM.AdvJobScheduler WAS Still there as supported. and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\Selectively_Installable_Components\AS400 Operations Navigator\Plugins\IBM.AdvJobScheduler WAS GONE.

When I opened iNav my old 540 system was there...but I didn't open it I added a 610 system and the plugins did not install I had to manually add them. Once I manually added the 610 plugins. The version of plugin is based on the iSeries version NOT the Client version.

Conclusions: 1) Paul the plugin should have been removed when you installed 710
2) Please check the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\Selectively_Installable_Components\AS400 Operations Navigator\Plugins\IBM.AdvJobScheduler to find out which system the plugin came from. This might answer a lot of questions for us as to how you got into this position. My guess is the pc you received was imaged by your windows team before you got it with a 540 image. I know You installed 710 on a "brand New" pc but even my "brand new" pc here had a corporate image loaded so I had all my tools etc. If that is the case then as I stated that isn't a clean install and nothing further can be considered a "normal" upgrade etc. In short your install of 710 had parts that "failed"...like removing the old plugins.

As to the work around...to remove plugins run
cwbinplg /REMOVE=IBM.AdvJobScheduler from a pc command prompt.

Then delete the following registry keys (or make sure they are gone)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\AS400 Operations Navigator\IBM.AS400.Network\SYSTEMS\RCHASK50\IBM.AdvJobScheduler

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\Selectively_Installable_Components\AS400 Operations Navigator\Plugins\IBM.AdvJobScheduler

Finally make sure the IBM.AdvJobScheduler plugin folder is also gone from C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Plugins.

Now you should be able to select Install Plugins in iNav and point to your iSeries and select the plugins to install.

TIPS:
1) When signing on to the netserver make sure you use the netserver name\userid for the userid parm. That should get you a good connection
2) If the plugin doesn't show check to make sure the plugin exists in the plugin folder and the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion\AS400 Operations Navigator\IBM.AS400.Network\SYSTEMS\yoursystem\IBM.AdvJobScheduler has a supported parm of 1. If it is 0 modify it to 1.

As to finding the version of the plugin that is loaded on the iSeries go to:
WRKLNK '/QIBM/PRODDATA/OPNAVPLUGIN/cwb3uijs.dll" and take an option 8 The creation date tells us the version.