To your first point - I said not to use DSPLOG, because it doesn't show this information. From the CL Programming chapter on working with messages, and the section on QHST, this sentence:

"Performance information is not displayed as text on message CPF1164. Because the message is in the QHST log, users can write application programs to retrieve this data. The format of this performance information is as follows."

Following that is more about what is there. I had to go to DSPMSGD CPF1164 to see what all is there, I don't see a real layout anymore - thought there was one once.

To the second point, yes, the job has to end in order for CPF1164 to be useful. PEX data is probably more useful.

But if you are looking back, maybe the jobs will have ended - then check the CPF1124 and CPF1164 to see if they were running during the time of interest, then pro-rate what you get out of CPF1164.

HTH
Vern