Find the port and IP address in Netstat and then check to see if the Bytes
Received/Bytes sent values change. Might need quite a bit of time to see
what's happening though.

I guess if you don't see anything going through it doesn't prove it's not
in use - it only proves it has not been in use while you have been watching
(can't prove a negative). Conversely if you see stuff going through you can
conclude it is probably in use.

I am assuming from my answers that you can't use any of the MQ tools to
check this and you don't have anyone you can ask. It would be best to talk
to the MQ Administrator to find out really.