move my source to IFS, start to use SVN

fixed

I am ready to make the jump to moving my source, but am not sure my first steps...

In reading previous issues I have some questions:

what sources can I not move to IFS (DSPF, DDS PF/LF)?

Will the object have the source it was compiled over, with timestamp?
-or does this not matter, if using a SVN tool, as it will keep
track of proper source?

What SVN should I use?
on our windows development side we use TortoiseSVN...

other gotcha's???