Um, ok, just how vital is it that you run queries from your system
console?

Yes, there have been times that I wished that the system console supported
a 132 column screen. And you would think it would be a simple thing.
Whose problem is it? I would think you would have to submit a DCR for the
HMC code. Because until they allow you to run a 132 column screen on it
you're not going to get it on a remote console.

If you use F22 and tell it 132 and you're running it on an 80 column
screen it just ignores it. So, it's not like you have to change it back
to 80 columns in case the next time you run STRSQL you might be on the
system console. I guess the only time I'd purposely use F22 to set it to
80 columns to get the bigger font is if I'm trying to project it on a
screen for a room full of people.