From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Campin
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:45 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: output date field from a flat file into a variable

1. I am assuming that you are getting the first variable from an RPG program
or HLL language as CL doesn't run SQL directly and that you must be calling
a CL program passing that value as a parameter defined as 8 *CHAR and the
second variable is defined in the CL as 8 *CHAR also.

So you code already says it already.

If (&VAR *EQ &DATE) DO
,,,
If (&VAR *LT &DATE) DO
If (&VAR *GT &DATE) DO

If you have a relatively modern OS you can do SELECT
WHEN (&VAR *EQ &DATE) THEN
..
WHEN (&VAR *LT &DATE) THEN
... ...