On 10 Jul 2013 14:41, Roberto José Etcheverry Romero wrote:
Seems like that blog is not very well indexed on google. I spent 2
hours googling QDSPSIGNINF and didn't find it, nor did results from
the archive come up. <<SNIP>>

Arguably Google did well, because that search token is not a /word/ for which variants [a la "Did you mean...?"] are likely to be coded or easily /learned/ by the search engine. Discernment of intent can be a problem, for subtleties of possible errors in a niche vernacular.

Perhaps I should have informed in my reply, that I had /corrected/ the "Subject:" and that I had left the incorrect /spelling/ of the system value name in the quoted text [just as I did above]. All of the references in my reply were to the actual [vs that misspelled] sysval name QDSPSGNINF. FWiW, I successfully had used the actual system value name as a search token for a Google web search. I made no mention of the original spelling error because I thought it was just a simple transcription error not worth noting. Sorry. Ugh! The archives even failed to properly thread my reply:
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201307/threads.html#00202

FWiW: I had purposely included the corrected system value name QDSPSGNINF in my reply-text along with the parameter name DSPSGNINF [for the CHGUSRPRF] specifically for searching, but unfortunately I had incorrectly referenced DSPSGNINF(*YES) in a context where DSPSGNINF(*SYSVAL) was intended. I noticed the error immediately after posting, but chose not to post a correction; I am doing so here. Of course, a User Profile defined with DSPSGNINF(*YES) should have the Signon Information screen displayed _irrespective_ the value of QDSPSGNINF :-) So... the *corrected* quote from that message follows the link to that message:
"For the *USRPRF defined with DSPSGNINF(*SYSVAL), for which the Signon Information screen will be displayed due to QDSPSGNINF=1"