Hi all,

I think I'm covering all the bases but I can't get an ERRMSGID to work so
therefore I must be missing something.

I have SFLMSGID for a couple of messages, which work fine.
This keyword requires that SFLDSP be active though and I need to display
an error message when an input capable field on the control record is
invalid and SFLDSP is not active.

DDS for display file:

A @EFFECTDT R B 5 73REFFLD(REFFECTDT)
A 37 ERRMSGID(ECU0030 ZMSGF)
A DSPATR(HI)
A 37 DSPATR(RI)
A N37 44 DSPATR(UL)
A N44 DSPATR(PR)

I know 37 is on because the field is RI.
OVERLAY is in this record.
The dspf is created RSTDSP(*YES).
Converting to a message subfile is not an option (to be consistent with
the rest of the programs here).

RPG pseudo-code:
write fn-key-format;
exfmt sfl-ctl-format;