The first AS/400 I worked on was a B30. It was, in fact, one of the first
installed in Venezuela by IBM (IIRC, the first AS/400 was installed by an
American pharmaceutical company, who brought it directly from the US). My
memory fails me now, but it must have been either in 1989 or early 1990.

The point is that our Data center was located on a third floor, and the
thing didn't fit our elevator, so it was decided to get it up using a dolly
up to the stairs. I can still remember the THUMP, THUMP the darn thing made
with each step. Somebody (could have been me) just commented: "Don't worry,
that is an IBM", and up it went.... Worked at once without a hitch...

Those were the times... Young and carefree :-)

Regards,
Luis Rodriguez