Since you are using BRMS I think you have the 3573 in Random mode and not
sequential mode, right?

Hopefully you have a lan cable going to the tape library. Can you get
into the browser interface? If you've never used it, use the user Admin
and the password secure.
Expand Monitor Library. Select Inventory. Do you have the one I/O
station or the three I/O station unit? Are any I/O slots empty?
Expand Configure Library. Select General. Confirm that Library Mode is
Random. Confirm that the number of "Active Slots" is right. Some
"Physical" libraries can be partitioned off into multiple "logical"
libraries. And then that logical library may only use so many slots.
We've done that with a large 6 drive library to separate out TSM from BRMS
into two logical libraries of three drives each and a crap load of slots
each.
Select Logical Libraries. If you only have 1 then no big deal. If not,
you may have to check each logical.

In summary, I am trying to ensure that you have a 'random' library and if
it's trying to move it to the I/O station that the I/O station is
available, if it's trying to move it back to a slot than there's a slot
available; logically and physically.

On a tangent, why are you changing the expiration date? If they are
already expired, and you are trying to use them in STRBKUBRM they should
be expired with an expiration date that has already passed. Upon
completion of the STRBKUBRM it will change the expiration date to match
the policies you have set up. If you change the expiration date into the
future then the tape will be active and it will prefer expired tapes to
write new data to.

Here's probably your biggest problem. You are trying this command:
STRMNTBRM RMVMEDI(*REUSE) MOVMED(*YES) RGZBRMDB(*YES)
Your move policies may say "send this tape to Iron Mountain" or "move this
to our offsite location" or "store on top the propane tank next to the
acetylene torch". To do so, it will generally try to put the tape into
the I/O slot(s). Perhaps you are getting this message because the I/O
slots are full. I think what it is expecting to do is empty the I/O
slot(s) and take the R option. Repeat until all tapes which are ready to
be moved are chucked out.
Perhaps you only want to use the MOVMED(*YES) option on the day when you
are ready to physically remove the tapes from the library.