From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 2:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Iseries v4r5: QNTC works with Windows 2003 domain but fails with Windows 2008 domain

Running Iseries v4r5

The following command works well with Windows 2003 domain.

We are migrating to Windows 2008 domain (still on v4r5).

CPYTOSTMF +
FROMMBR('/qsys.lib/tpgmlib.lib/qclsrc.file/+
addtimetst.mbr') +
TOSTMF('QNTC/IGHNAS05/Public_test/GrainMktg+
/FTP/TEST05') STMFOPT(*ADD) +
STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)

Getting security errors when sending to Windows 2008 Domain.

Any ideas how to resolve?

Thanks

06/17/13 15:06:05.164536 QCADRV QSYS 03C4 A_TEST05 JSTONE 000C
Message . . . . : 200 - CPYTOSTMF
FROMMBR('/qsys.lib/tpgmlib.lib/qclsrc.file/addtimetst.mbr')
TOSTMF('QNTC/IGHNAS05/Public_test/GrainMktg/FTP/TEST05') STMFOPT(*ADD)
STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
30 06/17/13 15:06:05.400248 QZLCKERN QSYS *STMT QZLCKERN QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QZLCVUT
From procedure . . . . . . : QzlcDiagMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 191
To module . . . . . . . . . : QZLCVUT
To procedure . . . . . . . : QzlcDiagMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 191
Message . . . . : Error exchanging security information for user QIJS on
Network Server ighnas05.
Cause . . . . . : The Network Server file system (QNTC) has encountered an
Job Log GM400 06/17/13 15:06:07 Page 2
error when authenticating user QIJS with a Network Server ighnas05. Recovery
. . . : Ensure the following: - The user is set up on Network Server
ighnas05. - The OS/400 user password matches the Network Server user
password. - Network Server ighnas05 is enabled for digitally signed
communications. Technical description . . . . . . . . : An error has been
detected while the Network Server file system was exchanging security
information with a Network Server. The error class was 2, and the error code
was 2. Possible error class and error code values include: Class 0 - QNTC
specifc security error. 1 - QNTC requires digital signing. Class 1 -
Network Server operating system related error. 1 - Not valid
Function. 2 - File not found. 3 - Directory not valid.
4 - Too many files open. 5 - Access denied. Class 2 - Error
generated by the Network Server. 1 - Non-specific error code.
2 - Bad password. 3 - Directory not valid. 4 - Access
denied. 7 - Not valid device. Class 3 - Network Server hardware
error. 31 - General hardware failure. 39 - No space on file