From the page...

"The following formula shows a worst case scenario.."

Also
"The amount of time required to shut down a system typically is a small
percentage of this value."

Lastly it's important to realize you aren't doing a "suspend" as is the
case with a Windows PC. With a suspend in the PC world, all you are doing
is writing out a copy of the memory to a reserved section of the disk.
With the i, you are updating all the objects on disk that have dirty pages
in memory and doing additional house keeping as required. Not to mention
you are ending all jobs...

Charles