Since you are doing this in Apache, you must have a CGI program of some sort, and you'd use CHGQRYA as needed there.

HTH
Vern

On 6/5/2013 2:53 PM, Peter Connell wrote:
Robert,
Thanks a bunch. I didn't know that QAQQINI used that "inherited entry" concept. Reminds me of QCPFMSG messages.
I can certainly place QAQQINI in a user library other than QUSRSYS so that it applies only when that user library is in the list.
But if the application is to be executed via an Apache thread then I must either run CHGQRYA immediately before and after execution or execute it via a request to a corresponding persistent background job.
CHGQRYA before and after would be the simplest solution assuming that the options definitely revert back afterward.
The ODPs and access plans may persist between each CHGQRYA but this should not be an issue if the associated files apply on to the application that employs QAQQINI in the user library.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Clay
Sent: Thursday, 6 June 2013 12:10 a.m.
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx; midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Performance question and SQL SERVER - RESOLVED

We has QAQQINI questions when we upgraded to V6R1 so I asked IBM.

Here's the information confirmed by IBM:

.
CASE WHEN Command CHGQRYA QRYOPTLIB(MyLib) has been issued for a job AND Table MyLib.QAQQINI exists THEN Query parms that exist in the table are used instead of the defaults; For options that do not exist in MyLib.QAQQINI, the system defaults are used .
WHEN Command CHGQRYA QRYOPTLIB(MyLib) has been issued for a job AND Table MyLib.QAQQINI does NOT exist THEN The system defaults are used (as documented in QSYS.QAQQINI) .
WHEN Command CHGQRYA QRYOPTLIB(MyLib) has NOT been issued for a job AND Table QUSRSYS.QAQQINI exists Query parms that exist in the table are used instead of the defaults; For options that do not exist in QUSRSYS.QAQQINI, the system defaults are used .
ELSE The system defaults are used
(as documented in QSYS.QAQQINI)
.
END
.

Remember that QSYS/QAQQINI is the documentation of the defaults as used by the system. Don't change data there as it will not affect system but WILL mess up the documentation.

HTH,
Robert

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."--Tweedledee