Hi Roberto,

Are you concerned about storage? I understand the will to not install all the licensed programs, but if you don't have any storage concerns then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Otherwise, it really depends on what the users need installed on the system. For example, unless you are serving web pages, then you shouldn't need the HTTP server installed (as you have already noticed with th SS1 host servers requirement).

I had no reason to install System/36 and System/38 compatible compilers... but they are there, in case they are actually needed at some point. I won't have to worry about bringing the system down to a restricted state if I do need to use any software thats not currently in use.

I hope my answer makes sense :)

Clay Carley

Roberto José Etcheverry Romero wrote:
After fighting a whole afternoon with 2 freshly installed v5r2 machines and
still not being able to use the Navigator to take a few spoolfiles, i found
out that Navigator requires SS1 op12 Host Servers to be installed.
I hate the "go licpgm install all" aproach that is common with most of the
CEs here in Argentina, so...
Which licpgms are recommended (besides those keyed products you already
have, i made sure to install all keyed products and options).
I know this is less important on current releases (IBM i 7.1 installs
everything and the kitchen sink just to start the web admin instances), but
still, i would like to know.

Thanks!