Rob,

Thank you for your insight and additional links.

Out of curiosity, with current HMC code and Firmware on
Power5/Power5+/Power6, what is theoretical "oldest" OS/400 release that
could be installed. What dictates or controls that ? I assume V5R4 and
later would install under the HMC environment, but "could" you go back
preV5R4 to create a
LPAR running non-supported OS/400 test bed ?