here you can read bout this. How do you register this?

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Crystal Reports <crystalcleardecisions@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2013 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: MIDRANGE-L Digest, Vol 12, Issue 1196

Running the visual studio app. I get this error message:

The 'IBMDADB2' provider is not registered on the local
machine.

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:27:06 +0000
from: Gary Thompson <gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Connection to DB2

I am using  System i Navigator to connect to a particular IBM system i

When I open the "Databases" node for one this system, I see
    a database named "Sphisr" - not sure how that name
        was assigned (it does not match anything on DSPNETA),
        but we have a somewhat odd system admin.

    Under "Sphisr" is where I see the various libraries that
        exist on this iSeries, so, no, I don't think the
        "database name" is "the library name".
]
message: 6
date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:48:23 +0000
from: Gary Thompson <gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Connection to DB2

Maybe this will help:

I am looking at an MS Access database I created years past which transferred
data from Access to some files on an IBM i.

I used the IBM OLE DB data access driver, and created a ADODB.Connection object
to support the data transfers.

The connection object used the IBM i "network name", which I got from our network
team.  So I think you should be able to use MS ADODB from Visual Studio in a similar
fashion.

I used an MC Press book by Chris Peters and Brian Singleton named
"i5/OS and Microsoft Office" and an IBM manual on OLE DB and ActiveX, but you
should be able to find more current/relevant info for Visual Studio.

iProDeveloper would
certainly be a good source of info.

, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.