An NFS mount of the Windows server with MS SQL installed would not let you access an individual table inside an MS SQL schema. Individual tables in MS SQL are not individual OS objects as they are in DB2 for i.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 11:39 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: NFS mount

Windows has been able to do both client and server NFS for years - it's all in a package called Unix Services or some name like that.

Roger gave the link to an RJS page - there are a number of articles there, and many RJS customers have used NFS for storing documents that its Webdocs product serves.

That's not a product endorsement - just happens to be a recommended remote file system - QNTC is much more painful to deal with, generally.

Regards
Vern