Does it have Java 5 or 6 ?

If not, you're SOL.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Thu, 30 May 2013 22:32:03 -0400
from: "tim.dclinc@xxxxxxxxx" <tim.dclinc@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: can a tomcat 7 server running on a 170 v5r2m0

i was wondering if there way any way to get a tomcat 7 server to run on
a 170 v5r2....

i copied the tomcat folder from a v7 box to the v5r2 box, but when i run
the startup.sh, i get an error.

startup.sh
/tomcat/bin/setclasspath.sh: 001-0019 Error found searching for command
which. No such path or directory.
/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh: 001-0019 Error found searching for command tty.
No such path or directory.
Using CATALINA_BASE: /tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: /tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr
Using CLASSPATH: /tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap
java/lang/Throwable.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+4
(Throwable.java:85)
java/lang/Error.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1 (Error.java:41)
java/lang/UnsupportedClassVersionError.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V+1
(UnsupportedClassVersionError.java:32)
java/lang/ClassLoader.defineClass(Ljava/lang/String;[BIILjava/security/ProtectionDomain;)Ljava/lang/Class;+82
(ClassLoader.jav
java/net/URLClassLoader.defineClass(Ljava/lang/String;Lsun/misc/Resource;)Ljava/lang/Class;+196
(URLClassLoader.java:303)
java/net/URLClassLoader.access$300(Ljava/net/URLClassLoader;Ljava/lang/String;Lsun/misc/Resource;)Ljava/lang/Class;+1
(URLClas
java/net/URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run()Ljava/lang/Object;+40
(URLClassLoader.java:622)
java/net/URLClassLoader.findClass(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+16 (URLClassLoader.java:216)

java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Ljava/lang/Class;+41
(ClassLoader.java:300)
sun/misc/Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Ljava/lang/Class;+33
(Launcher.java:281)
java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+1
(ClassLoader.java:256)
java/lang/ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;+1
(ClassLoader.java:316)