tis

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evan Harris
Sent: Thursday, 30 May 2013 9:59 a.m.
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Performance question and SQL SERVER

Sounds more like the access plan is created each time through.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Matt Olson <Matt.Olson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I guess the age old question, which type of power you running on
your
DB2 box versus the SQL box?

1. What is the CPU compared between the two?
2. What is the memory sizes between the SQL box and the DB2 box?
3. How many disk arms do you have on your SQL box versus the DB2 box?
For instance, if your SQL box is running all SSD drives and your
running 15K RPM drives on your IBM i you will have no hope of trying
to beat the SQL box.

However maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, because you stated that
it runs in less than 5 seconds if you run it a second time, meaning
there are indexes being created on the fly the first time around when you query it.