In System I Navigator, open the properties for the machine you are connecting to, select the Secure Sockets tab, click the Verify SSL Connection, when the window opens that is verifying, click open the first entry in the Status: box with a + and down in the messages will be a CWBCO1030 Message. Connecting from my bank to the Allen DC I get the following:

CWBO1030 - SSL version TLSV1 was used and cipher suite 2F selected
CWB01056 - FIPS mode is active for this connection

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Fenstermacher
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:12
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: SSL with iSeries Access

Thanks, that helps. We're using *OPSYS with a few specified in QSSLCSL, is there a way to find out which SSL version a connection is using?

Paul Fenstermacher | Sys/NW Admin,Sr | Corporate Systems - POWER Systems Administration | Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
663 West Highway 60 | Monett, MO 65708 | Ph. 417.235.6652 | x177389 | pfenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx