Pete,

We must have used some of the thousands of API's that didn't change across the boundaries from Windows 95 to Windows 2012 and .Net versions.

Some of our older VB and VB.Net apps have worked all the way across the spectrum of OS's and .Net releases including our code that uses JT400.DLL to talk to the i. JT400 rocks in .Net :-)

Now of course if you've built apps in MS Office, mileage may vary :-)

Just because all i is your religion, don't spread FUD, unless you're just relaying your personal experiences, but call it that because you're representing perhaps a small minority of developer experiences and perhaps your own.

i, Windows or Linux in the cloud, Pick your flavor :-)

I'm starting to find that catchy.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801